Senior Bioinformatic Data Curator
Join us on a mission to unlock the benefits of nature and improve the lives of billions
We are a Biotech with an interdisciplinary, multi-cultural and science-driven team passionate about leveraging nature’s potential for human health and a sustainable food system. We are leaders in discovery, validation and making of bioactive peptides and on a mission to improving the lives of billions. We are changing the game and breaking new ground thanks to our unique combination of artificial intelligence, proteomics, biology, and manufacturing.
To unlock the benefits of nature and improve the lives of billions
To empower every person to take control of their own health
Innovation – Collaboration – Ambition -Integrity
We are seeking a dedicated and innovative bioinformatic data curator to join our team here in Nuritas. You will work closely with the Magnifier team in predictive and generative models and knowledge trees and the biology and proteomics teams in proprietary and novel data questions to research therapeutic areas and prepare standardized training data for our computational models. As part of the role, you will be expected to
· read a wide range peer-reviewed biological papers across many diverse therapeutic areas and extract and organise applicable information into reports and data sets,
· process data efficiently and accurately, both manually and automatically,
· manage data in our proprietary curation database ensuring quality, relevancy and availability,
· identify and acquire new data and data types for inclusion in our database accessing novel data sources and open collaborative efforts and find new ways of using the information,
· work with existing data curated to improve standards and knowledge,
· utilise novel data analysis, scraping and NLP to automate and improve the curation process,
· work closely with the knowledge tree team to develop a commercial resource adding to the value of Nuritas.
Qualifications & Experience
PhD in Biology, Bioinformatics or similar.
A track record of creating, seeking out and bringing in new ideas.
Excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail and accuracy with several years’ experience reading and validating scientific papers across a range of therapeutic areas.
Comfortable with computational data management, knowledge of Python and relational databases is a plus and in addition demonstrable ability to work with AI NLP models and Chat GPT
Sharp problem solving and analytical skills, along with adaptability and motivation for process- and self-improvement.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and time management.
Ability to communicate with experimental biologists, computer scientists and non-scientists.
Fluent in English both written and oral.
Does this sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you! Please apply using the provided link and form, attach your CV and your cover letter, outlining why you feel motivated and qualified for the role.